The Blog's of Elijah Lynn.

Whether you tell yourself you can or whether you tell yourself you cannot... you are always RIGHT!

So ya think you can sleep?

My whole life I have loved sleep. I never really had a sleep schedule where I woke and layed at the same time. I frequently would sleep 10-12 hours on weekends and 9 or so on the weekdays and really there was no average just whatever I felt like.

For the past 6 years or so I have noticed I had been very lethargic during the day. I needed more sleep. So I would sleep more and be well rested right. NOT. Even more tired. Something must be wrong with me I never have any energy. I was like the sleep master.

So, you know that feeling you get when you are real tired, it feels good in a sense. Well it is the melatonin your body is injecting into your body to make you feel all drugged up, or sleepy. So the way I have come to understand sleep in the past 6 months is amazing and finally makes sense on all the stuff that says sleeping too much will make you more tired.

"Dr. Fuhrman has a newsletter on depression, you can actually download it for free if you sign up for his "What's cooking" bulletin on his website. So this newsletter explains how your body creates the neuro transmitters serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin makes you happy and melatonin makes you drugged up and sleepy. People who have insomnia have difficulty creating melatonin at the right time and in the right amounts. People who can never seem to wake up do not regulate serotonin correctly either.

For people who sleep in all the time and do not wake up correctly this can mean a world of hurt and a miserable day. Most people combat this because they take all sorts of stimulants, from Soda, to crazy energy drinks to coffee. They might as well just process coffee beans like heroin and let people take it with a needle. Same thing right? Besides the social acceptance factor.

So many people hit the ground throughout the day because they have toxic hunger or their melatonin is spitting out.

I have been tired a lot for the past 6 years and I finally read Dr. Fuhrman's newsletter on depression and I found that whether I have depression or not I could benefit greatly from the knowledge in the newsletter.

So I followed his recommendations in his newsletter and consistently wake up at 5:30 am every morning and my circadian rhythm is now SET! I wake up already awake it seems!! I remind you that I could out sleep anybody in the past. I would NEVER EVER EVER want to cut my sleep time to nearly half!! I figured out the math and if you sleep 10 hours a day and switch to 6 hours a day you will save 4 hours a day, 28 hours a week (a whole extra day), 112 hours a month (4+ days), and here it is..........1,460 hours a year which is 60.83 days!! You can live an extra 2 months of AWAKE time per year just by sleeping 6 hours instead of 10. If you do that for 50 years you will have accumulated 3,041 extra days in your life which is 8.3 years. Now may I remind you this is fully awake time!!! Not 8.3 years where you sleep 6 hours as well!

Now, the best part of all is you will actually have more energy by following Dr. Fuhrman's recommendations and get the life extension benefits of 8.3 years! I hope to reduce my sleep intake to 5 hours in the future. Dr. Fuhrman says that they have done studies on human sleep needs and it is 6-9 hours for a human.

If you have trouble chronic fatigue or insomnia and want a cure for it it may be in your best interest to read Dr. Fuhrman's newsletter on depression. Again, you can download it for free at his website http://www.drfuhrman.com/ and sign up for the "What's Cooking email bulletin" and download the newsletter you get for free on treating depression naturally!! Take a look at the success stories page while you are there.

I am off to go running now!

0 comments: